Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dark Eldar for a tournament this weekend!

Hi, all!

So, a new game store opened near my place. I've been taking my chaos to RTTs lately, so I thought I'd change it up a little. Here are my dark eldar at 1750 points

Asdrubael Vect

Lady Malys

5 Incubi with Klaivex, venom with 2 scannons

3 Trueborn with 2 scannons, venom with 2 scannons

9 Wyches with hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Hekatrix with Agonizer, Raider with FF, Grisly trophies

8 Wyches with hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades, Hekatrix with Agonizer, Raider with FF, Grisly trophies

5 Warriors with blaster, venom with 2 scannons

5 warriors with blaster, venom with 2 scannons

Ravager with 3 Dark lances, flickerfield

Ravager with 3 Dark lances, flickerfield

Voidraven with flickerfield

Total: 1,750 points

Now, there are some choices in there that a lot of people don't usually take. I will explain the uses of these units:

Malys:

I really like what she adds to the army. She's a little bit of a shocker to a lot of people, with her redeployment. Often during dawn of war i will deploy Vect and some wyches in a raider as far up as possible, and hoping to kill him early, the enemy will deploy a couple of razorbacks or something, then I can pull him back to come on turn 1, and then kill the razors with ravagers, all while cackling maniacally, of course. Also, 8 power weapon attacks are not to be sniffed at.

Vect:

He is my sledgehammer, honestly. He is possibly the best pure assault character in the game, even topping Mephiston I think. He will rip through MEQs and HQs like nothing. But be careful he doesn't get gang-tackled, because once that shadowfield goes down, Vect will soon follow.

Incubi w/ out grenade support:

A lot of people will use these guys as a spearhead unit, to just bash face, with an archon with a PGL, of course. However, I use them differently, and very effectively. See, I usually keep my venoms in a fleet, very tightly packed, all shooting at the same 1-2 targets. The downside to this is that a lot of the time, people will multiple assault and beat up my poor paper airplanes. The Incubi are there to dissuade such units from attempting such moves. Also, if there's a tactical squad out of cover, they are the perfect unit to handle them.

Voidraven:

The Strength 9 lances are really useful to pop dreadnoughts. I also like to point out that it is the most durable vehicle in the Dark Eldar army!

Now as to the whole army, there is one thing you probably noticed: A lack of anti-tank. That is true, however, I've found that if you just kill or suppress a few key vehicles per turn, you're okay. Also, people will often use their ravagers to shoot a tactical squad. What i do is if there are no vehicles or monsters in line of sight, i will just turbo boost for the 4+ cover, or behind terrain, etc.

I have only played 1 games with this list, against Deathwing, in killpoints dawn of war. I got a 1st turn assault on some termies with a squad of wyches and Vect, who were then countercharged by a squad of terminators, who were then charged by Malys and her girls. At the end of this huge assault, the only survivors were Malys, and 15 wyches. The rest of my army was able to shoot the rest of his army to bits, except for one dreadnought who rampaged through my dudes.

My bad habit with this list is to shove the wyches+HQs up the center on a turn 1-2 assault, kill some stuff, then they get shot to death, and that's a lot of my army gone. What I will try to do is to play a little less aggressively.

We'll see how it goes. Expect an after-action report. Farewell until then!

P.S. I'll try to get Kasrkar and GR to post more.

No comments:

Post a Comment